This notice is being provided to you pursuant to the Securities and Exchange Commission’s rule regarding the privacy of consumer financial information (“Regulation S-P”). Please take the time to read and understand the privacy policies and procedures that we have implemented to safeguard your nonpublic personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Portolan Financial Planning, LLC (Portolan Financial) must collect certain personally identifiable financial information about its customers to provide financial services and products. The personally identifiable financial information that we gather during the normal course of doing business with you may include:
• Information we receive from you on applications or other forms
• Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others
• Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to any nonaffiliated third parties, except in the following circumstances:
- As necessary to provide the service that the client has requested or authorized, or to maintain and service the client’s account
- As required by regulatory authorities or law enforcement officials who have jurisdiction over Portolan Financial, or as otherwise required by any applicable law
- To the extent reasonably necessary to prevent fraud and unauthorized transactions
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide financial products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Portolan Financial strives to maintain accurate personal information in our Client files at all times. However, as personal situations and data change over time, we encourage our Clients to provide updated information and feedback so we can better help you achieve your goals.